KONTEC 2009 was organized in Dresden on April 15-17, 2009. For the 9th time, this established international meeting covered the subjects of "Conditioning of Radioactive Operational and Decommissioning Wastes" and "Decommissioning and Dismantling of Nuclear Facilities" and the R&D Status Report delivered by the German Federal Ministry for Education and Research on this key topic. Some 790 participants from 13 countries heard and discussed the contributions to the three-day meeting.
The program of the symposium comprised plenary sessions dealing with these 4 key subjects:
- Disposal of Radioactive Residues from Nuclear Facilities’ Operation and Decommissioning,
- Decommissioning and Dismantling of Nuclear Facilities,
- Facilities and Systems for the Conditioning of Operational and Decommissioning Wastes,
- Transport, Interim and Final Storage of Non-heat Generating Wastes (i.e. Konrad).
The sessions were supplemented by poster sessions and selected short presentations under the heading KONTEC DIRECT.
An accompanying Technical Exhbition with 45 exhibitors completed the symposium.
* summary from atw 54. Jg. (2009) Issue 8/9 – August/ September