10th International Symposium on “Conditioning of Radioactive Operational and Decommissioning
Waste” and 10th BMBF Status Report on “Decommissioning and Demolition of Nuclear Facilities”
KONTEC 2011 was held in Dresden on April 6-8, 2011. The tenth event organized under this heading dealt with the subjects of “Conditioning of Radioactive Operational and Decommissioning Waste” and “Decommissioning and Demolition of Nuclear Facilities” including the R&D Status Report by the Federal Ministry of Education and Research (BMBF) on the same subject. The conference was attended by an international audience. The program included plenary sessions on these four key topics:
- Disposal of Radioactive Residues from Nuclear Facilities’ Operatioan and Decommissioning.
- Decommissioning and Dismantling of Nuclear Facilities.
- Facilites and Systems for the Conditioning of Operational and Decommissioning Wastes.
- Transport, Interim and Final Storage of Non-heat Generating Wastes (i.e. Konrad).
These sessions were accompanied by poster sessions and short presentations under the heading of “KONTEC Direct”.
* summary from atw 56. Jg. (2011) Issue 12 – December