Invitation to submit technical papers
We are looking forward to your lecture registrations and kindly ask you to submit newer papers which are related to the main topics of KONTEC.
Only technical papers for which the following deadlines are met can be considered.
Dates & time schedule for submission of abstracts
Registration or submission of the technical contribution including abstract
until August 15, 2020
Notification of the authors
from October, 2020
Submission of the full version of the presentation (Full Paper)
until January 15, 2021
Delivery of the author information
until January 31, 2021
Presentation of the lecture
March 17-19, 2021
Detailed information and further relevant topics (e.g. on presentation techniques, format requirements for lecture presentations and full versions, etc.) concerning your KONTEC 2021 lecture will be provided by the program committee after completion of the selection procedure and acceptance of your contribution as of October, 2020.
Format of the plenary presentations
The plenary lecture will be presented by you in the large hall of the ICD in Dresden in front of a large professional audience. The time frame for the plenary lectures is 20 minutes including 5-10 minutes for discussion.
Format of the KONTEC DIREKT short lectures in word & picture
KONTEC DIRECT offers the possibility of a more in-depth and specific presentation of a topic in a moderated short lecture.
For this purpose 2 open forums with approx. 30 seats will be set up in the area of the exhibition. Each KONTEC DIRECT short lecture will be presented twice during KONTEC.
The speakers selected for the KONTEC DIRECT short lectures in word & picture will have a time frame of 10 minutes plus 5 minutes discussion time at their disposal.
Format of the poster presentations
Posters will be presented in poster forums to be determined by the participants themselves. A double-walled poster wall (2 x DIN A0 posters) is available for the entire duration of the event.
Theme groups for technical papers
Facilities and technologies for the dismantling and for the conditioning and packaging of operational and decommissioning wastes
Session Chair: Dr. T. Hassel, LUH-IW; A. Roth, Atkins
- Systems for the treatment of liquid wastes
- Systems for the treatment of solid wastes
- Packaging for radioactive wastes
- Filling techniques for waste packages
- Technical innovation
- Research and development
- Dismantling- and segmentation methods
Disposal, interim and final storage as well as transport of radioactive wastes from nuclear facilities’ operation, decommissioning and dismantling
Session Chair: R.-J. Printz, JEN; O. Oldiges, DNT
- Conditioning and disposal of radioactive wastes and residues
- Free release procedures and measuring methods
- Interim storage of radioactive wastes and residues
- Producing repository-packed and documented radioactive waste for the Konrad repository
- Arrangements for the delivery of radioactive waste to the Konrad repository
- Preparation of readiness for acceptance of the Konrad repository
- Final storage of radioactive waste international
Decommissioning and dismantling of nuclear facilities
Session Chair: S. Klute, BKW; Dr. R. Versemann, RWE
- Preparatory measures for decommissioning (operation and post-operation)
- Decommissioning and dismantling concepts - optimization potential
- Approval and Supervising Procedures
- Planning, controlling and organisation of dismantling projects
- Current dismantling projects
- Systems decontamination
- Please use the registration form to submit your presentation. The registration form can only be submitted together with an abstract (short description) by e-mail. Applications/submissions of a technical paper sent by other means cannot be considered.
- You can find the form online at www.kontec-sympoisum.de. Please send the e-mail to email@example.com. The formats "doc" and "pdf" are preferable.
- When submitting your contribution, please indicate whether you are interested in a plenary lecture, a poster or a KONTEC DIRECT. In the course of the procedure for the compilation of the KONTEC 2021 conference program the respective acceptance and placement of your submission will be decided.
- Already with the selection of the desired lecture format we ask you to indicate whether you agree with a possible different classification or not.
- The abstracts should not exceed 2 pages and should contain the main topics, the methodology, the results and the most important conclusions you wish to address in your presentation.
- For the selection procedure by the programme committee, the abstract can be submitted in German or English.
- Please classify your presentation into the listed topic groups (sections).
The personal details on the form for the submission of a paper must be those of the lecturer. All relevant information, e.g. notifications to the authors about the acceptance of the paper, will be sent to the given contact details.
Please be so kind as to inform us immediately of any changes.
After selecting the abstracts
After acceptance of the plenary lecture we ask you to submit the full version (Full Paper) of your KONTEC 2021 lecture (in German or English). The Full Papers will be summarized and made available to the participants via password protected download.
For a better understanding of foreign KONTEC participants, the presentation slides for KONTEC 2021 are requested in English, as already for previous events. The plenary lecture can still be held in German, simultaneous translation will be provided.
In order to give all speakers the opportunity to win the Best Plenary Award, the selection of the best plenary lecture will be made after KONTEC.
The winner will be notified after KONTEC and invited to the next event where the award will be presented.
The winners of the Best KONTEC DIRECT Award as well as the Best Poster Award will be nominated by the chairman of the program committee in front of an audience at the end of KONTEC.
The three award-winning presentations will be published on the KONTEC homepage.
Terms, Conditions & Copyright
Upon acceptance of the presentation for KONTEC 2021, the copyright passes to Kontec Gesellschaft für technische Kommunikation mbH (Kontec GmbH).
The presenter warrants and represents that the submitted paper is free of third party proprietary rights and that publication by Kontec GmbH or by atm GmbH on behalf of Kontec GmbH does not infringe any property, patent, license, trademark or other proprietary rights of third parties. The submitter shall indemnify Kontec GmbH and its partners and contractors against any claims of third parties arising from any infringement of property rights and shall also bear all costs incurred by Kontec GmbH and its partners and contractors in this connection. In this context, Kontec GmbH and its partners and contractors shall be entitled to obtain permission to publish the respective contents from the entitled party at the expense of the submitting party.
Please note that it is the responsibility of the presenter to ensure that the content presented in the presentation (abstract) is legally consistent.
Acceptance of the technical presentation does not release
- from registration for the conference and
- the payment of the participation fee.
Registration for participation will probably be possible from autumn 2020. Up-to-date information can be found at any time at www.kontec-sympoisum.de.